Instructions for Poster Writing & Presentation
Dear fellow colleagues,
Thank you for being part of Makkah Dental Scientific Activities.
Before submitting your abstract for the 17th Makkah International Dental Conference, kindly consider the following points:
- Submission deadline has been extended to: Feb 15, 2021.
- Please fill the online application form in full and leave no blank fields.
- It is not mandatory to register before submitting the abstract. However, we suggest that you get the advantage of the Early Bird discount and avail early registration benefits.
- No accepted poster will be displayed without pre-registering for the conference. Still, your pre-registration does not guarantee the acceptance of the poster. NO REFUND will be allowed if your poster was not accepted.
- Colleagues submitting their posters from outside Saudi Arabia must be sure to apply for the Saudi Visa. The Scientific Committee is not responsible for issuing any Visa to enter the country.
- Author and up to 3 Co-Authors who are registered for the conference will receive a Certificate of Appreciation.
- Author and Co-Author names will be included in the Official Makkah Dental Mobile App.
- The decision of the scientific committee is final and no appeals will be considered.
- You will be notified of either the acceptance or the rejection of your abstract after a week from the closing date – Feb 29, 2021.
- The abstract must be typed in English. Properly title it with author’s name and title of the abstract and Submit Online
- Makkah Dental Poster Competition 2021 is digital. Posters will be displayed on 49″ TV screens and rotated over the course of the event.
- No paper posters will be accepted or displayed. ONLY digital copies will be accepted or displayed.
- Upon receiving your Acceptance confirmation email, please send your poster file to us, via the www.wetransfer.com website to upload your poster file and email the download link to Malak.email@example.com. [For more information about how to use WeTransfer.com, please watch this video tutorial here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwLH9O8a4UI ]
- Poster Display and Evaluation Schedule will be emailed to all presenters and published online. The evaluation time is 4 minutes (Presentation & Evaluation) for each poster. The schedule will show Poster number + screen number + display times (for the 3 days) + evaluation time .
The DIGITAL poster should be formatted as follows:
- The poster orientation should be in the Vertical Format (like the usual paper poster)
- The poster file resolution should 3840 (Height) x 2160 (Width) pixels.
- The poster file format/extension should be .JPG
- The poster file size should not exceed One (1) GigaBytes.
- The Font Size should be 25 points and above for the text to be readable on the screen.
- The author’s name and degree(s) should all be in CAPITAL LETTERS. An asterisk (*) should be placed after the presenter’s name. The institution(s) should be enclosed in (parenthesis).
- List of Authors with their affiliations should be under the title in a smaller font size
- The body of the poster should be arranged according to the following parts (If applicable): – Introduction – Aim – Materials & Methods – Results – Discussion – Conclusion
- The abstract must describe the Objectives, Methods, Results (data and statistical analysis [where appropriate] and Conclusions).
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- Poster display and evaluation schedule be emailed to all presenters and published online.
- You must send your digital poster file last by the end of Sunday, 2nd August 2021
- There will be an award for the three best posters. Your presence at the time of your poster presentation is mandatory because the evaluation committee will ask you about your poster.