Instructions for Poster Presentation
(*The term organizer means INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organisation Est.)
- No paper posters will be accepted or displayed in Makkah Dental. ONLY digital copies will be accepted. Posters will be displayed on 50″ TV screens 3840 (Height) x 2160 (Width) pixels, rotated over the course of the event.
- It is mandatory to register for the Makkah International Dental Conference and Exhibition 2022 before submitting the abstract. No accepted poster will be displayed without preregistering for the conference.
- Pre-registration does not guarantee the acceptance of the poster. NO REFUND will be allowed if your poster was not accepted.
- You will be notified of either the acceptance or the rejection of your abstract after a week from the closing date – 30th September 2022.
- The abstract must be based on original research or original clinical case studies.
- The Makkah Scientific Advisory Committee will evaluate the content of each abstract and make the final selection of the abstracts for presentation.
- No abstracts will be considered after 10th September 2022.
- For any withdrawals, the presenter should notify the *organizer in writing at least 2 months prior to the event.
- The author’s name and degree(s) should all be in CAPITAL LETTERS. An asterisk (*) should be placed after the presenter’s name. The institution(s) should be enclosed in (parenthesis).
- List of Authors with their affiliations should be under the title in a smaller font size
- The Abstract content must meet the standard of an academic / scientific presentation. The outline must have an Introduction, Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- The abstract must describe the Objectives, Methods, Results (data and statistical analysis [where appropriate] and Conclusions).
- You must send your digital poster file within 3 weeks from the date of the acceptance email.
DIGITAL Poster Format Guidelines:
- The poster orientation should be in the Vertical Format (like the usual paper poster)
- The poster file resolution should be 3840 pixels (Height) x 2160 pixels (Width) .
- The poster file format / extension should be .JPG [We also require .PDF for the web portal]
- The poster file size should not exceed One (1) Gigabyte.
- The Font Size should be 25 points and above for the text to be readable on the screen.
- After the submission of the abstract, it will be reviewed by the scientific committee, participants will be divided into three categories poster competition, poster display and 2nd draft poster and submitters will be informed accordingly.
- Poster Display schedule will be emailed to all presenters and published online. The schedule will show Poster number + screen number + display times (for the 3 days).
- Maximum of two poster presenters per submitted poster are accepted.
- Poster competition schedule will be emailed to all presenters and published online. The schedule will show Poster number + screen number + display times (for the 3 days).
- Maximum of two poster presenters per submitted poster are to present to the judges.
- Poster competition presenter will be requested to present their poster in 7 minutes, followed by 3 minutes of discussion and Q&A Session in front of the judging panel on 21st October 2022.
- Your presence at the time of your poster presentation is mandatory because the evaluation committee will judge your poster during the allocated time slot only.
- Author(s) or Co-Authors who are registered for the conference will receive a certificate of appreciation.
- Notification Letter will be provided to other Authors, Co- Authors & supervisors who are not registered.
- Authors and Co- Authors names will be included in the conference booklet.
- The judges will choose 3 winners & announce their names on 22nd October 2022.